Calgary
So here I am in Calgary, well I'm actually in Airdrie which is about 25 minutes north of Calgary. I've been here for just over a month and I'm starting to settle in. I'm now working at Enmax, which is a Electic/Gas company that produces and distributes power to AB. It's an amazing job that pays well and has great perks. I'm also starting to make friends.... finally... Since I arrived in Calgary I've been through alot, Julie and I have been having issues that may or may not get resolved. I don't want to get into that too much right now but since I've been here I've also had amazing times. The Rockies are absolutely beautiful and I'm totally in love with them, I've also had great times with some of my friends that are out here. The first week or so was hell, I was jobless, knew nobody and was on my own, I have to say that during that period I never considered returning to NB, I don't think I will return for a very long time, well, not permanently anyway. I think that 6 months/ a year from now when I look back and think of what I've done and realize that I made it through all of this, I will have gained not only respect for myself but also I'll have become a stronger person. Even though at times I feel like curling up into a ball and crying myself to sleep, sometimes I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs and dancing in the street while hugging everybody that walks by. Most of the time I'm somewhere in between. I really have to look at the big picture, moving out here took balls, I mean I've left my family, friends and a job that I had been working at for about 8 years. I think that what I did took courage and I will only benefit from this in the long run. In regards to my love life, well, I feel like McDreamy, that's the best way to put it. I don't know what's the best thing at this point, all I want is to be happy and loved. I feel this is possible or I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing. I am looking out for myself and working on what makes Ricky happy and really that's all I can do. I'm loving life more and more every day despite what's going on in my love life. A close friend of mine just said: "Do me a favor, be happy. Try. Like really really hard. Don't be a pussy ;-) " LOL, so harsh but just the right thing to say. I feel pretty happy today. I just got back from star bucks. I love star bucks for several reasons, first reason being the fact that they have nice big comfy chairs, secondly the vanilla lattes I love them.... I also like the music that they play. I also enjoy the fact that I usually talk to people there, like this evening as my latte was being prepared the young lady next to me asked me what I had ordered and said that it was a good choice, she had ordered the same thing... anyway, all to say that I enjoy the social aspect of it. I'm looking forward to move downtown, I know that I will probably make many more friends and feel more comfortable, I'm used to living right down town and can't wait to return. Wow, this is a pretty big post... oh well, it feels good to write. I've been writing in my journal almost every day since I've been here and feel that it's an excellent way of expressing how I feel, sometimes simply jotting down what you feel helps clear things up. Well I should get going. The world awaits. till next time.. xoxoxo R



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home